Monday, January 03, 2005

Ahh yes I am back already.

It is 11 and I am already heading to bed. Damnit I am old! I need to do something that is crazy and fun soon so that I don't slip into middle adulthood and actually start getting up earlier than I have to to during the week. I feel my youth slipping away thinking about it.

The girl is already in bed doing God know what probably reading a magazine waiting to yell at me to come to bed. It is possible that she is writing in her blog, she is a really great writer even though she doesn't know it. Creativity is one thing that she is not lacking except in the sack... ha I hope she never reads that. But on a serious note I enjoy reading her blog not only because it gives me an insight into her but that it is written really well as she would say I think she has found her voice. Where do I come from a computer science major to have such a decent literary opinion? That is a good question that I do have an answer for. I have read many many books and at least have some opinion of writing styles and abilities so there.

We talked about our wedding today. After finally deciding on having a real wedding not a cruise or a wedding in Hawaii we are having a tough time finding a place to actually get married. Neither one of us is very religious so churches are a last resort. I have been disgusted in the past by things that have been said to me by preachers and the like. Such as "you are not getting married for you or the people here you are getting married for God." -That is the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. Pardon my french. When two people get married it is because they are promising each OTHER the rest of their lives because THEY want to. God has nothing to do with the formal act of marriage in my mind especially nowadays when no waits to have sex anyway. Now before you go off on me about not believing in God. I do. I just believe that you don't have to go to church to have faith in God or prove that you love him. I think he created the Universe and we evolved and he has been watching ever since to see what would happen. A great book that I have read that really had a lot of the same ideas that I have would be "Memnoch the Devil" by Ann Rice. I know it is fiction but she is an excellent writer and had some really interesting ideas in this book. It is a sequel to her more famous "Interview with a Vampire" a few books into it though if you are wondering at least read the "The Vampire Lestat" before reading Memnoch so you know and love Lestat (Main Character). Anyway I am not up for talking theology today.

Well goodnight for now,
Deez

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home