Thursday, January 19, 2006

Reviews

Well, I have had a week to come up with something to write for my blog. I came up with some reviews! I have not been reading as much as usual lately but I will share with you what I have found.

The book that I am currently reading is called "i, Lucifer" by Glen Duncan. This is a story about the devil being allowed another chance to get into heaven by living a normal human life. The devil of course has no interest in this but decides to take a free month to basically take a vacation. This book is very well written and enjoyable; you can't help but love the main character as he is very charismatic and interesting. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite books when I am done. I will post a better review when I am finished. The cover is:


I finally found a new fantasy series and author that seems to offer a really good character development and even incorporates comedy into his books really well. The author is David Eddings. I was very excited to find this whole 5 book series at a thrift store for only 25 cents each! It is the best deal I have gotten in a long time.



The next book on my reading list is "Lucky" by Alice Sebold. This book is a memoir of her life starting with a brutal beating and rape at age 18 through her recovery and search for understanding. The wife just finished this and said it was really good. The first book that we read by Alice was a book called "The Lovely Bones". This was a really good book, it is all based around a little girl who is killed and viewing all the events and effects that her death had on her family and friends from up in heaven. Very different and very good, I would recommend this one to everyone.

Lucky:

The Lovely Bones:


Now, I must read.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I fucking hate spam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home